Sunday, August 23, 2009

Glory the Seeing Eye puppy

The first Seeing Eye puppy I watched was Glory. Glory was 7 months old when I watched her. I watched her for 1 week, so her foster family could go away and not have to worry about Glory. While she was here, she had to be chained to my bed at night, so she would learn to stay close to her owner. Whenever we walked, she had to walk on my left because Seeing Eye dogs lead on the left. She had to sit when she met other dogs. Another important thing was she had to sit before eating. While I had her, I took her to Staples for school shopping and PetSmart for food for our dog. Our dog and Glory got along well. They would run around the house chasing each other, and then they would run from us or chase us.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Laura...what a lot of work. I have 2 dogs myself and I remember how hard it was training them and they didn't have to do HALF the work that the dogs you are watching will have to do. I can only imagine how the dogs you care for will change the life of the person that they end up with. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Laura,

    We really enjoyed reading about your Bat Mitvah project.

    We are so thankful that you were able to look after Glory for us and that it opened a whole new world of opportunities for your Bat Mitvah project. You will learn a lot with every dog as they each have their own personnality. We wish you the best of luck. Glory's Family

    ReplyDelete