Tuesday, April 28, 2009

First mitzvah

For My first mitzvah I'm going to collect instruments in playing conditions and send them to schools that have students in need of instruments but can't afford them. So this way the kids can play the instruments.

To help me out a music store owner said that he'll gladly fix any instruments that only need a little work ,for free!

I chose this mitzvah because I play clarinet and I know how much I enjoy playing it. I think every kid should get a chance to try an instrument.

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! Music can bring such joy. Good luck on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the concept of developing one's personal identity, in large part, by realizing that all of us are part of a great community, is one of the most important things anyone can learn. Of course, we have been emphasizing this for thousands of years in almost all cultures, but your placing your progress on a blog takes the assignment to a higher plane. By sharing your challenge with others, you inspire them to consider their own identity in the world outside themselves, and to perform their own mitzvo. I applaud your undertaking. Thanks ahead of time for making this world a better place. Ralph Maltese

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey laura i think that is so cool!! THat is so cool that u r doing somethin w/ intsruments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura,
    You certainly picked a large undertaking for a first mitzvah! Do you have a specific charity or school that you know is in need of the instruments? Perhaps you could write a letter to Yamaha or another manufacturer of student instruments for donations. Keep in mind shipping costs if you need to send the instruments anywhere.

    Mrs. Gallo, your BMC

    ReplyDelete